AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mayor wants running tracks in cemeteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Athletics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Groundsman
Groundsman

6175 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Mayor wants running tracks in cemeteries Reply with quote

The mayor of Brazil's biggest city has announced plans to build running tracks in cemeteries.

Sao Paulo's Mayor Jose Serra wants to build circular tracks in 22 of the city's cemeteries, reports SP TV.

He hopes the running tracks, which would surround burial areas, will enable residents to exercise regularly.

But protesters say they do not want to "jog with ghosts" and are calling on the mayor to leave the dead in peace,

A spokesman for the mayor insisted: "This is a very innovative and modern take on city management.

"The people of the city are in need of good activity areas, so this is an amazing option to use up spaces with intelligence."

Aaron
berlinbike
Apprentice
Apprentice

8 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a bizarre concept...

I mean, I get that the land is quiet and could be used for this...but really, for the relatives of those buried there it is not very respectful
MrPolarZero
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

97 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't really see anything bad about it. But if they are going to touch the cemeteries for that, then I think it would be a problem
corym
Amateur
Amateur

40 Ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky. But good for them for keeping the mourners fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Athletics Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum