AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why you should hate Michael Vick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Fantasy Sports Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltaco5
Novice
Novice

4 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Why you should hate Michael Vick Reply with quote

I was searching for articles last night and I came across this peice http://underdogsports.blogspot.com/2005/08/why-i-hate-michael-vick.html

It is assessing Michael Vick's fantasy value. I was wondering if you guys agree or disagree? I mean, is Vick really this overhyped?
abomb
Amateur
Amateur

30 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Vick Reply with quote

Michael Vick is overhyped. This is especially true in fantasy leagues. However I am not saying Vick isn't a great player, he makes everyone around him better not to mention the excitement he brings to the game. The other teams defense has got to focus on Vick and what he can do and that opens up other players on to gain yards and make plays. This isn't a calcuable stat but this is what makes him a truly great player. I hope this answers your question.
PeterGibbons
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

190 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: RE: Vick Reply with quote

I agree that the attention payed to Vick should not be about his winning, but his playing.

He is a great player, but not a great winner of games. His talents are not very compatible with a team sport. Everything he does great is on his own. I don't see him going to the Super Bowl unless he is able to distribute the ball around a lot better.

He would be good in the NBA... a true individual sport. Wink

Sincerely,

Peter
pzproductions
Apprentice
Apprentice

19 Ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would usually agree, but if you look at his fantasy numbers this year, he has become a very solid week by week starter...

He's a good start, if you have him, you're lucky, and you should start him. He's starting to use his arm as much as his legs, with the double threat, he's just as good as McNabb... fantasy wise that is.

http://fantasyfootball.pzproductions.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Fantasy Sports Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum