AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can taking too much olive oil make you gain weight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohcnetwork
World Champion
World Champion

884 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Can taking too much olive oil make you gain weight? Reply with quote

Can taking too much olive oil make you gain weight? If so, should you switch to different oil or you should simply reduce the amount of olive oil you take?
massagelondon
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

Location: http://massagelondon.org massage therapy London thai medicine salon Camden Islington City Kensington
97 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately it did to my weight - I cut it out now completely and don't use any animal or vegetable fat.
ohcnetwork
World Champion
World Champion

884 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I suppose you don't use any dressing when you eat salad? Maybe dressing that doesn't use any oil like soy sauce and vinegar?
massagelondon
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

Location: http://massagelondon.org massage therapy London thai medicine salon Camden Islington City Kensington
97 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thickened soya sauce - which is a little sweet (I think they add cane syrup) and not too salty
cathy653
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

51 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely avoid Olive oil. Even i avoid all kinda oily food. I am on a diet and dont wanna gain weight.
lo2117
Apprentice
Apprentice

16 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much of anything can cause you to gain weight. Olive oil is good when used properly--in moderation.
sophiachou
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

64 Ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra high purity virgin olive oil cold pressed to drink, help to promote the body's metabolism and excretion, olive oil contains vitamin E, can easily be absorbed through the skin, which helps to keep the female body beauty.

It not only helps digestion, but also prevent constipation, so a significant weight loss. I remember every morning before breakfast, drink a tablespoon olive oil fasting, weight loss results are quite satisfactory....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
massagelondon
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

97 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: kurs masaz tajski, indonezyjski, tajskimi stemplami ziolowym Reply with quote

sure the virgin oil, possibly organic, is the best one, if somebody can afford it.

there are some very radical, extreme diets, including taking olive oil in large quantities for slimming. It is one of the healthiest oils, but should be eaten in moderation. One teaspoon a day if fine, if you believe it helps you digestion - but for that you might need just more fibre (fruits and vegs).

if you have lost some weight, as you say, it was because of the other factors (like illness), and not olive oil.

putting oils on the skin is a different matter, nothing do do with weight gain, just cosmetics.
jonwade
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

62 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much of anything will make you gain weight. Olive oil may be a healthy oil but it is still oil which means loads of energy.
laurahill
Novice
Novice

3 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't thing olive oil helps to gain weight..iI am avoid to take olive oil but in winter i apply oilve oil on my body..It act as a good moisturizer..
massagelondon
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

97 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laura, olive oil is a fat, so has a lot of energy and you will gain weight.
paul
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

massagelondon wrote:
...and you will gain weight.

That depends on how much she burns, surely.
amethystF
Apprentice
Apprentice

14 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure exercise can help you guys burn more fat and stay fit.Smile
lhyne
Apprentice
Apprentice

10 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, olive oil can't help us to lose weight but it is good for our heart. However,fish oil can help us to lose weight because omega 3 fish oil capsules are the best low calorie, low cost way to get high levels of the important fatty acids DHA, EPA and DPA. So it only makes good sense to add good quality, pure fish oil supplements to your weight loss program especially since there are other great reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum