AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hello everybody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Introductions Forum     <<<   If you're new, post here first!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonus pariuri
Novice
Novice

5 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: hello everybody Reply with quote

Hello, i'm a big poker fan and i'm always available talking on the subject
aaron
Groundsman
Groundsman

6175 Ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums.

Serious question... do you consider poker to be a sport?

What about things like chess?

Aaron
bonus pariuri
Novice
Novice

5 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: is poker a sport ? Reply with quote

I begin with with a question too :
do u think it takes more brains and skill to became a good poker player, or a good chess player ?
Playing at the highest level, i think both are equally difficult

I like playing both

Maybe you'll find this quote interesting :''In the most recent New York Review of Books the legendary chess grandmaster Gary Kasparov reviews Chess Metaphors: Artificial Intelligence and the Human Mind by Diego Rasskin-Gutman and discusses the impact of computers on chess and other games. He attributes part of the lure of poker to the fact that unlike chess it has yet to be beaten by computers and perhaps never will be. “While chess is a 100 percent information game—both players are aware of all the data all the time—and therefore directly susceptible to computing power, poker has hidden cards and variable stakes, creating critical roles for chance, bluffing, and risk management. These might seem to be aspects of poker based entirely on human psychology and therefore invulnerable to computer incursion,” Kasparov theorized.''

International Master Ivo Donev, International Master Almira Skripchenko and Grandmaster Josef Klinger have gone on to success in the poker world
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Introductions Forum     <<<   If you're new, post here first! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum