AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you need to sweat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohcnetwork
World Champion
World Champion

884 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Do you need to sweat? Reply with quote

When you exercise, do you need to sweat? If you don't sweat, it is not an effective exercise?
dojo
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

57 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule for me if I don't sweat, I haven't worked out that much Smile After a serious workout I have my equipement soaked. Then I know it has been a very serious training session. Sweating can be different .. some people sweat more, others less ... still it's a sign of effort and a good thing for health too.
ohcnetwork
World Champion
World Champion

884 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on your body type, you may not sweat so much if you go hiking or even mountain climbing, while these can be good exercise. I just wondered if these may not be as good exercise as ... running or playing basketball, since you may not sweat so much. Any thought on this?
trev
Club Secretary
Club Secretary

143 Ants

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock climbing for example tends to involve a lot of bursts of energy and quite a bit of energy just holding your current position which will in themselves use up quite a few calories, but your body can deal with the heat produced without the need to turn on the external cooling system.

If you're jogging on the other hand, your muscles are constantly converting stored energy into movement & heat. This starts to build up lots of constant heat and eventually you need to turn on the sprinklers to remove some of it.

At the end of the day, all forms of excersise are good for you as they increase the strength of your heart muscle. The different types will use different numbers of calories and help form different types of muscle fibres, but I could sweat more than both by sitting in a Turkish Bath and that ain't doing any excersise... Smile

Trev
jonwade
Semi-professional
Semi-professional

62 Ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need to sweat to get a little fitter or lose weight, but it helps. This article explains why it is not the type of exercise you do that is important but just doing some: http://www.motleyhealth.com/lose-weight/what-is-the-best-exercise-to-help-lose-weight-quickly
lhyne
Apprentice
Apprentice

10 Ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweating has many health benefits. As a person sweats, it removes toxins and disease out of the body. The kidneys can take up to 24 hours to remove harmful toxins like lead and mercury out of the body, while sweating removes these metals much faster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Health & Fitness Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum