AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine AardvarkSport.net - Sports Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another marathon under my belt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Athletics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
World Champion
World Champion

5441 Ants

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Another marathon under my belt Reply with quote

I completed the Edinburgh Marathon on Sunday. It was my 5th marathon. It didn't quite go to plan as I was hoping to beat my PB of 3h 55m which I got on a much harder course 2 years ago.

All was going well at first... got to the half marathon point in just 1h 53m. But once we turned to come back to Musselburgh, it started getting really tough. There was a strong headwind and the rain didn't help either. By mile 22, I was really struggling and my legs just didn't want to know. Even if I could have done 10 minute miles from that point, I might have still made it to a PB... but I just couldn't. I pretty much walked the next 3 miles and then did a very awkward run for the last mile.

A bit disappointing, but I got there in the end in a time of 4h 08mins.
UK Hotels - UK Selfcatering - UK B&Bs - UK Camping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkSport.net Forum Index -> Athletics Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum